We were asked by one of our partners to complete a line check for a high-end salon chain in the surrounding areas of London.
They required us to complete at each salon:
- A Caller ID check, to see what number they were using for broadband.
- A Broadcast Number Check to see if it was being screened to a different number.
- Make note of where the router is, in relation to the whole salon.
- Check if the line is clear and whether it needs replacing.
- Check how the cabling is and whether there is a Comms Cabinet.
- Check Port Availability and if it’s worth installing a switch.
- Check how the Card Machine is connected to the network.
- Check if a micro-filter is required if the salon is going for FTTC.
We received the call from our partner on Thursday afternoon, we got the quote sent out Friday morning, and the job was booked in for 3 of our technicians to travel around London for the day to complete the check on all 21 salons.